Sixth Form Community Placement Programme
What is it?
At Bordesley Green Girls’ Sixth Form we want our students to not only achieve academically but to also leave at the end of Year 13 as responsible young adults who understand the value of giving something back to their community. The Community Placement Programmes requires all students to dedicate a minimum of one hour per fortnight to volunteering within the school and local community.
What kind of roles will be available as part of the Community Placement Programme?
There is a wide range of positions available within the school community and students are encouraged to create their own positions. Some of the positions already available are:
- Classroom Support
- Academic Mentoring
- Year 8 Ambassador
- Healthy Schools Council
- Support with enrichment clubs
- Reading Mentors
- Sixth Form Committee
- FGM Ambassador
- Classroom Support in our local Primary Schools
What are the benefits of completing Community Placement?
There is a lot to be gained by the students when they take part in Community Placement. Some of the benefits include:
- Enrich your university personal statement
- Gain work experience and give your CV a boost
- Gain valuable skills and experience
- Gain confidence and self esteem
- Get to know your local community
- It is rewarding and it makes you feel good about yourself
“You don't have to be a billionaire to believe you can make a difference. Give your resources to a charity and volunteer in your community.”