- 25th MarTheme for this week: Celebrating BGGS
- 25th MarYear 10 watching performance of Jekyll and Hyde by the Ginificnet Theatre Company
- 25th MarParent Consultation Event: school uniform changes
- 27th MarExercise books from all Year 10 and Year 11 students will be collected during P5 and P6 for the book scrutiny staff are conducting after school
- See full list of what's on
- View calendar
Year 12 students become Dementia Friends
Last week, thirty three students studying Health and Social Care in Year 12 33 Yr 12 signed up to become a Dementia Friends. Doing so meant pledging to take one small action to spread awareness of Dementia.
Some of the things they pledged to do were
- Getting in touch and staying in touch with someone I know living with dementia
- Volunteering for an organisation that helps people with dementia
- Campaigning for change, e.g. by signing up to Alzheimer’s Society’s campaigns to improve the lives of people with dementia
- Wearing my badge and telling 5 friends about the Dementia Friends initiative
- Carrying out a personal action eg Be more patient when out in my community
The Year 12 students took part in a workshop with a Dementia friends champion and received a badge to identify themselves as Dementia friends to spread awareness among students and staff at Bordesley Green Girls' School and Sixth Form.