- 25th MarTheme for this week: Celebrating BGGS
- 25th MarYear 10 watching performance of Jekyll and Hyde by the Ginificnet Theatre Company
- 25th MarParent Consultation Event: school uniform changes
- 27th MarExercise books from all Year 10 and Year 11 students will be collected during P5 and P6 for the book scrutiny staff are conducting after school
- See full list of what's on
- View calendar
A Level Results at BGGS
Congratulations to all our A Level pupils – you have all worked so hard and this year’s results are phenomenal!
We are pleased to say we’ve duplicated the record breaking results from last year when we secured the best value added results in the school’s history. This year we have achieved a similar value added score.
We are delighted that so many of you have secured your first choice of university or training placement and will be going on to success in your future careers.
The Sixth Form at Bordesley Green Girls’ School provides an excellent quality of education and our pupils have gained places on courses at leading universities such as Aston, Warwick and both the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University.
I'm so pleased for all our pupils. They are reaping the rewards of their hard work and the efforts of their teachers and school staff over the last few years. The amazing effect that BGGS has to change lives and set girls up for future success is very much in evidence today.
Mrs Woodfield, Headteacher
Places at medical schools
Four pupils including Hasinah Akhtar and Salma Yusuf have secured places to study Medicine including 2 places at the brand new Aston University Medical School and also at the University of Birmingham Medical School.
BGGS is one of only a handful of schools to officially partner with the Aston University Medical school and we expect this to be the first in a steady stream of future doctors from BGGS. We are also a partner school for the University of Birmingham.
Other pupils will be going on from BGGS to study everything from medicine to management sciences and from accountancy to dental therapy. BGGS alumni will also take up places to study Geography, English Literature, Sociology, Psychology and many more subjects.
Our broad and balanced curriculum is a success
We have always been keen to ensure all BGGS have the opportunity to study a wide variety of subjects and vocational pathways as well as traditional academic subjects. This year thirty three pupils have passed A Levels and AS Levels in languages. 80% of our language students gained either an A or a B grade at A Level.
Spotlight on Success
We haven't got space to name-check everyone's successes, so here is a selection of the good news our pupils received earlier today:
- Hajera Rhaman acheived a full house when she opened her results envelope to discover she had achieved A grades in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. A bright future awaits her and we are sure she will make it count.
- Khadija Choudhury and Sadia Bibi made a strong case for themselves in future after securing places to study Law. Congratulations to both of them for getting onto such a prestigious course.
- Alia Qadir will be joining Sadia at the University of Birmingham but across the campus as Alia will be studying Psychology. Well done her!
- Also heading off to UoB after believing in herself and working hard is Muskaan Ali - soon to be studying Theology and Religion. Aisha Ali is joining this growing group of BGGS alumni at the university too; she's going to be studying Neuroscience.
- Notable successes on vocational courses comes in the form of achieving three distinction-star grades in those subjects - the equivalent of getting straight A grades in traditional academic subjects. Maryum Hussain, Zulekha Jabeen, Humma Khan, Safiya Kahn and Rumaysaa Mahfooz all romped home with this amazing outcome. Well done all five of you for this incredible achievement.
- Aisha Hussein (AAA) performed particularly well in her A levels and is going to be another of our trainee doctors.