- Welcome from our Headteacher
- About Bordesley Green
- Hearing Resource Base
- About the Hearing Resource Base
- Deaf Awareness Week May 2018 at BGGS
- GCSE Results May 2018
- Key Performance Information
- Pupil Premium and Year 7 Catch Up funding
- Latest Ofsted Report
- Exam Results
- Applying for a place
- Facilities for Hire
- 25th MarTheme for this week: Celebrating BGGS
- 25th MarYear 10 watching performance of Jekyll and Hyde by the Ginificnet Theatre Company
- 25th MarParent Consultation Event: school uniform changes
- 27th MarExercise books from all Year 10 and Year 11 students will be collected during P5 and P6 for the book scrutiny staff are conducting after school
- See full list of what's on
- View calendar
Deaf Awareness Week 2018 at BGGS
This week we have been celebrating deaf awareness and getting students and staff involved in various activities. We held a cake sale and raised money for the National Deaf Children's Society.
H.R.B. staff also taught students and staff across the school basic British Sign Language and organised a screening of ‘The Silent Child’. This Oscar winning film is about a deaf child’s experiences with the hearing world and was shown during the main school assembly for the week.
To finish off the week, we had an interactive session with a deaf trainer, who very kindly gave an insight into his world as a deaf child and adult.
All in all, it has been a fantastic week for the school as a whole and particularly our deaf community!