- Welcome from our Headteacher
- About Bordesley Green
- Hearing Resource Base
- Deaf Awareness Week 2018 at BGGS
- Key Performance Information
- Pupil Premium and Year 7 Catch Up funding
- Latest Ofsted Report
- Exam Results
- Applying for a place
- Facilities for Hire
- Teaching School
- Annual Conference
Applying for a place
This school is a community school maintained by Birmingham City Council. We follow the Birmingham City Council Admissions process.
- Full details of our admissions policy for pupils applying to join Years 7 to 11 can be downloaded from the Policies section of the About Us Tab
- Details of our Sixth Form Admissions arrangements are available from the Applying section of the Sixth Form Tab
Our school is very popular and is significantly oversubscribed.
Once the normal process of admission into Year 7 is complete each year, the Council hands administration of our waiting list over to us. Applications for a place via the waiting list are dealt with in accordance with the oversubscription criteria in our Admissions Policy.
Try not to worry
We understand that applying for a place at secondary school or in the Sixth Form for your child can be a tense and nerve wracking experience. Both BGGS and the Council will do our best to make the process as stress-free as possible for you and your child.
Remember: everyone else is going through the same process and try to reassure your child that it is a fair process, based on transparent, published criteria