- Welcome from our Headteacher
- About Bordesley Green
- Hearing Resource Base
- Deaf Awareness Week May 2018 at BGGS
- GCSE Results May 2018
- Key Performance Information
- Pupil Premium and Year 7 Catch Up funding
- Exam Results
- Latest Ofsted Report
- Applying for a place
- Facilities for Hire
- Teaching School
- Annual Conference
Bordesley Green Girls' School & Sixth Form is a four-form entry 11-18 multi-cultural, inclusive comprehensive school situated on the eastern side of the City of Birmingham. We have 1,000 students on roll including 360 in the Sixth Form.
We aim to Bring Girls Greater Success by providing Education for Excellence:
Excellence in Learning
The best teaching we can provide
The best courses we can find
The best resources we can buy
Excellence in Behaviour
The best example we can set
The best rules we can develop
The best rewards we can devise
Excellence in Values
The best care for every student
The best contact with our community
• We stress the power of education and learning to make a difference in all our lives
• We provide a supportive pastoral structure
• We insist on challenging and effective classroom practice
• We provide opportunities for pupils to be recognised for a range of achievements and;
• We expect to make “critical interventions” in students’ learning and monitor, review and evaluate these
• believe that success breeds success and therefore look for and build on the positive previous achievement of students while addressing areas of concern.
• are committed to raising achievement.
• recognise the strengths of linguistic, social and cultural diversity.
• have a firm commitment to all aspects of Birmingham’s Equal Opportunities’ Policy.
The school is popular with parents and demand for places is very high.
For several years, the school has received 600 first-choice applicants for 125 places available. The present size of the school building prevents the Governors and Local Authority increasing the admission number. We use the Local Authority Admissions Policy in all cases.